About the job
OnlinePajak is expanding and developing a tax solution for Singapore companies. In that context, we are looking for an experienced and senior Business Development Manager to join our Commercial Group and handle the early Singaporean partners and customers. The Business Development Manager focuses on developing and growing OnlinePajak’s penetration within businesses in Singapore. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with a passion for building new market position and driving growth. The candidate will be based in OnlinePajak’s Singapore office and will report to the Manager of Business Development & Partnerships.
- Developing commercialisation plan and growth strategies for Singapore market
- Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer needs
- Researching business opportunities and viable income streams
- Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
- Following industry trends locally
- Inclusive of cross-border regional partnerships
- Managing and retaining key Singapore relationships across:
- Accounting and tax firms
- Large enterprise
- Software providers
- Relevant Government agencies
- Manage a strong pipeline of prospect and increasing partners/customers base
- Manage the customer/partner’s lifecycle from initial meeting to deal closing and implementation:
- Business proposals
- Negotiating with key external stakeholders (companies & government)
- Drafting and reviewing contracts
- Maintain strong cross-functional relationships with other OnlinePajak teams, including Product, Marketing, Tech and other teams within Commercial to ensure the implementation
- Reporting regularly to direct supervisor and OnlinePajak leadership on key momentum: revenue forecast, successes and areas needing improvements, etc.
- Bachelor's degree (or above) from a top university with high grades
- Minimum 8 years Business development and/or Partnerships in a SaaS or technical digital product environment
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
- Prospection and closing skills
- Past experiences working in tax & accounting and/or SaaS and/or banking sectors is highly appreciated
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts, to tailor them for non-technical audiences, and to present them confidently.
- Effective analytical skills, with a creative approach to problem-solving.
- High-level communication skills
- Experience working to and exceeding targets